Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hackers, Downtime and You.

The server was down for about 5 hours after CCP realised what was going on, the link to the CCP post is here.

Downtime for me was about an hour as most occurred in the wee hours of the morning.

I was able to login for a short time, then a message appeared saying the server was going down in 5 minutes and it should be back online in about 20 minutes.

At the time of writing the servers have been down for longer than that,  explanation is here.

While I'm not happy at the servers being down, why would I be?  It is by far the better solution to make sure no other problems exist after the DDOS attack, especially regarding account security, credit cards, etc.

I assume at some stage in the future CCP will release some more information about the attack and also the unscheduled downtime's.

The message thread is here, probably to become very long.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment