Monday 16 February 2015

Too Many Shades of Grey

Rokusaburo started a convo with me while I was sitting cloaked in space keeping an eye on some war deccers.

"So I heard Chuckles quit the alliance leadership and disappeared." he asked.

"Yeah, sorta.  I was away enjoying some R & R as it was that time of year." I replied.

"Of course." he replied with a voice that suggested he'd also tilted his head forward as he said it.

"When I came back from the festivities, and bothered to check my comms I found the message that he'd quit, given me the CEO position, and vanished."

"Any idea where he went?"

"None whatsoever.  So I've been constructing a fake mental reality that puts him down on some planet somewhere herding goats, or whatever the local equivalent of a goat actually is, and some day he'll appear again and ask us if we missed him." I was smiling a bit while saying this.

"Will you have missed him by then?"

"Yeah ... probably, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to let him know that."

"So you're in WGP now, obviously not the CEO of The Grumpy's, how'd that happen." he asked, getting a bit nosy.

"I knew that Chuckles was the alliance glue, so I put it to the remaining members what the direction should be, every answer was different, so I disbanded the corp, well I tried to, and removed it from the alliance.  Corps come and go, people come and go, this is New Eden, but eventually you meet up with them again, especially as we all now live forever." I said.

"Oh okay.  Oh before I forget have you seen the news about these Drifter people?" said Roku changing the subject.

"Yeah I did.  Kick arse ships and tactics worries me a bit, But what's with all the grey?"

"I know!  The suits they appear to be wearing look pretty snug, with some implants or whatever the hell is going on there.  The female one looks pretty hot.  How many shades of grey do you think she is?"

"I snorted in a sort of laughter, "She'll probably kill you and wipe your remains off her shoe. You think every female that looks at you is hot, even from a damn holo image!"

"Well most of them are, especially pod pilots.  Have you ever seen a fat one?"

"Well no, but perhaps all the fat ones are stuck in their pods never to leave and that's why we don't see them.  That's not pod goo my friend, it's just extra pod pilot clinging to the inside of the egg."

"Ewwwwwwww!" he exclaimed a sound not out of place in a school yard.

"Yeah I know." I said trying not to think of the actual image.

"Anyway we have war deccers to keep an eye on so we'll catch up soon, yes?"

"Certainly will, have a good one, out." he broke the connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment