Thursday 9 November 2017

Old Forums and New Launcher

I've always regarded CCP as that bumbling Uncle who means well, but doesn't always manage to do the right thing immediately, but he usually gets there in the end.

With the release of the new Eve Online launcher, which is supposed to, among other things, fix the rather annoying issue of the pinned accounts going missing, I wanted to update my Linux machine/s so they'll be good to go.

Of course with CCP this wasn't going to be easy, I thought.

First thing to check is the forum post that provided the specially made for Linux launcher, as with luck, some remaining CCP staffer has updated the post with the new launcher.

See this is what optimism gets you.

Yes the recently archived previous forums appear to be down.

Right.

Now what?

So then, in a rare display of thinking the glass is half full and it doesn't actually contain clear bleach, I considered the possibility the Linux launcher may update itself!


I could not have been more surprised!

Ahh, but here is the trap.  I fully expected the launcher to have updated, but then it no longer launches the game correctly, so I'd better test it.

.......

It worked!

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment