Friday 13 August 2010

It’s gone Jim.

bp-megathron

Walking back to my quarters from the Hanger with Roku we had a chat.

“So my new corp roles have come through”, I said.

“Yeah? Cool, probably just means more work though”, Roku responds.

“Work means opportunities. Something interesting is now I can see more of the corp background movements, which includes ships destroyed and killed”

“Uh huh”, Roku says warily.

“To my surprise I see my Megathron, the one I loaned you on the destroyed list.  Care to tell me what happened?”, I ask.

“Yeah sorry about that.  We had a short war with some folks, forgot who they were now, have to look it up, and we attacked a couple of their Battleships.  We killed an Armageddon for the loss of the Megathron and a couple of Battlecruisers.  Considering the fit of the ‘geddon we were ahead on ISK.”

“So you were going to tell me about this when?”

As we approach one of the bars to pass by the noise becomes too loud to hear each other, once we are past we continue.

“I was trying to find the right time because of something else.”

“What is this something else?”, not liking what I was hearing.

“Well it’s like this.  In the rush to fit the ship how I like it, undock and attack them I forgot something.”

“What did you forget Roku?”

“The insurance.  So I was only paid the basic amount.”

We arrive at my room. Gesturing vaguely in the direction of my drinks cabinet Roku gets the idea and makes two drinks. While he is doing this I force myself to sit.

While rubbing my temple with two fingers of my left hand I ask, “So let me get this straight.  You lost the ship I loaned you, it was also not insured and given what I know now about more recent activities it gets worse doesn’t it?”

“Sorta yeah as the ISK I’d saved to pay you back was then lost when my Battleship, the Hyp was lost in the most recent war in that weird attack of theirs”, Roku explains.

Staring out of a window of my room I think about what to do.  Not much point in chewing him out about it. The first attack was a success on paper and the second was strange, not sure what any of us could have done.

'”Yos?”, he asks.

Turning back towards him, “Okay here is what’s going to happen. We’ll work a bit harder to replace the lost Battleships, I want to change the roles here anyway so after talking with the CEO earlier today your role, amongst others, is going to change.  I’ll let everybody know more soon.  I need to get some sleep, you probably do also so we’ll catch up tomorrow, okay?”

Roku stands up to leave, “No problem”.

Just as Roku is almost to the door, “Oh is Token in station, or even system?”

Roku turns back, “No I don’t think so, I’m not sure she’s even in this region.”

“Okay thanks man, catch you tomorrow”, I say as Roku leaves.

Reaching for the communicator to fire a message off too Token for a face to face meeting.  She’s not online at the moment and probably not even in this region so it could be a few days. With that done I kill the lights and fall onto the bed, sleep comes very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment