Monday 15 October 2018

Further Ant Adventures

More than a year ago I squeezed out a post about an ant, hopefully I've linked it below.

https://yosagiyojimbo.blogspot.com/2017/07/between-sheets.html

Ahh I did, handy.

The transformation of the deceased ant has been quite interesting.

For the sake of simplicity I'll divide the ant into three sections, the head, the middle, and the rear.  For a more scientific explanation please visit this link.

When the ant first presented itself in one of my monitors it was vertical and quite prominent, I could not miss it.  I thought about swapping those monitors around, but that screen also has some minor screen burn from displaying the same browser day in and day out, so they stayed in place.

In time the ant has rotated almost one hundred and eighty degrees to the right, and is now facing almost downwards.  The ant itself has decreased in size quite markedly, now to the stage of almost being lost amongst the text and other ephemera displayed on that screen during a typical day.

The head of the ant would still be the most prominent, but has faded, so now it's quite a bit smaller, and broken into two sections.  The middle has disappeared entirely, and now creates a gap between the head and the rear.  The rear is now very tiny, essentially a single pixel, or near enough to it, in size.

I've been speculating as to why this has happened.  My two working theories, and they are not mutually exclusive, is the constant photon bombardment has chipped away, for want of a better term, at the body of the ant, so now it's a shadow of its former self.  The other theory is the heat the body would be subjected to, which would be relatively high considering the proximity to the heat source, may  have desiccated the ant carcass, with the remains being too small to see, and/or having dropped down into the bottom of the screens bezel and out of my view.

Our alliance is still at war.


No comments:

Post a Comment