Friday 26 October 2012

When In Doubt, Blow 'em Up!

This is never more true than in Eve Online as often a fight is determined by who can shoot first if the ships are evenly matched.

It also reminds me of a time when we had a new guy in the corp.  As so often with outsiders you give them the dangerous assignments, this is no different, we gave him the scout job as we explored worm holes.

Back then worm holes were new and mysterious with much to be learnt about them, of course these days they're an accepted part of the Eve universe.

I scanned a worm hole out, we warped to it and I directed the scout to enter and tell me if any ships are on the other side.

Initially he said nothing, even after prompting from me, then he said a ship was next to him.

I asked him to tell me what type of ship and leave the worm hole.

However he had moved away from the exit and the ship had him webbed and scrammed.

Soon afterwards his ship was destroyed and then his pod.

Welcome to Eve Online!

In this example trying to blow up the aggressor would not have worked.

So the other adage would be true.

When in doubt, hide and provide information to those that can fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment