Monday 14 October 2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Today I was going to record some vocal audio for some sort of Eve Online post.  However to do that I need at least some quiet, I don't need to hear a pin drop, but something approaching that level of sound would be nice.

My neighbours seem to communicate with each other by coughing.  I know when at least one of them is awake by the commencement of a nasty coughing fit, which often culminates with a final dry heave.  During the day they all cough in one way or another, broken only by the occasional shout of something unintelligible, and then more coughing.

I need to look up the definition of pleurisy.

We used to have a small truck visit the neighbourhood and home deliver ice cream, it had a large brass bell at the front that would clang away as it moved down the road.  It used to annoy the ever loving shit out of me each and every Friday, when this useless anachronism of a bygone time would wheeze its way around the streets, clanging away.  I've not heard it in a while.

I fear the next time I hear a vehicle with a clanging bell it'll stop next door and the driver will shout out "Bring out your dead!"

In addition to all that we also have the dog, sometimes two, next door.

The birds.

The wind chime.

Oh, there is the dog again.

Etc, etc.

I'll give it another go later on tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment